GOPAP’s 12 Step Program to Abandon the Grand Old Party
- Step 1: Admit we were powerless over our addiction to the G.O.P. – that our lives have become politically unmanageable
- Step 2: Come to believe a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to political sanity
- Step 3: Make a decision to change our voter registration to independent, non-affiliated or blank
- Step 4: Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of our political selves
- Step 5: Admit to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our addiction to the G.O.P.
- Step 6: Are entirely ready to remove all our defects in political character
- Step 7: Humbly admit our addiction to conservative talk radio and Fox TV
- Step 8: Make a list of all people we have harmed with G.O.P.’s modern conservative beliefs
- Step 9: Make direct amends to such people wherever possible by personally recanting such beliefs to them except when to do so would injure them or others
- Step 10: Continue to take inventory of our personal political thoughts and actions and when wrong, promptly admit it
- Step 11: Seek through an open mind and learning to improve our conscious contact with and knowledge of the principles of the Constitution of the United States and show a willingness to carry them out
- Step 12: Have a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, carry this message to other G.O.P. addicts and practice these principles in all our affairs
If you would like to make a contribution to help GOPAP spread the word send it to:
Big Bucks G.O.P.'er still in shock
Passes torch to son named after Ayn Rand
G.O.P. budget analyst already out running for 2016 G.O.P. presidential nomination
G.O.P.'s faded glory gadfly
Hi, my name is Ben. I'm an addicted political junkie.
The last time I voted as a member of a political party was November 6th, 2012.
I'm so happy to be with you all today to help me through my withdrawal process.